3D volume rendering image showing normal bilateral renal arteries and aorta
Coronal curved multi planar reformatted image showing normal bilateral renal veins.
- Single renal arteries bilaterally that originates from the abdominal aorta at the level of L3 below the origin of superior mesenteric artery.
- It is important to identify the variants of the renal arteries.
- Usually lies anterior to the renal artery at the renal hilum.
- Left is 3 times longer than right.
- Left – 6-10 cm length- courses anterior to aorta.
- Right – 2-4 cm in length. The left renal vein receives left gonadal, left adrenal and left lumbar tributaries.